Playcorp Pty Ltd ACN 006 277 363 (Playcorp, we or us) is the authorised distributor of Arcosteel branded kitchen and tabletop products in Australia.
At Playcorp your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information is handled carefully and securely in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
- what kind of personal information we may gather about you
- how we may use that information and the choices you have regarding our use of such information;
- whether we disclose your personal information to anyone;
- how you may inquire, access and/or seek correction of your personal information and our access and correction handling procedure; and
- how you may alert us about an alleged breach of the APPs and our complaint handling procedure.
Collection of information
The types of information that Playcorp collects from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the service that we are providing to you.
The type of personal information collected will be directly related to the specified purpose it has been collected for. How much of your personal information that you choose to disclose to us is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us. However, failure to provide certain information may result in Playcorp being unable to provide you with the relevant product or service. We will make you aware of the purpose for which we collect the personal information and, where possible, the consequences of not providing it at the time of collection. Our Website(s) are directed to persons over the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone younger than this.
- If you request products or services from us including via any online shopping facility, we may collect information such as your name and contact details (ie billing and/or postal address, phone/fax number(s) or email address), date of birth and/or credit card details (when we are charging you for these products or services).
- If you make an inquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint to us, we may collect your name and contact details.
- If you sign up to use a particular service such as e-newsletters, mail outs (about product updates and developments, special events or promotions), loyalty or rewards program(s) or enter into a competition operated by us, we may collect information such as your name and email address and any other information required to provide that service to you.
- If you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time on our Website, we may collect personal information relating to your survey responses.
- If you are applying for employment with us, we may collect any information that is relevant to such employment including:
o your name and contact details (ie residential address, phone number(s) and/or email address)
o any other information relevant to the recruitment process (including any information contained in the application form and your resume).
You acknowledge that the personal information we collect from you is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide us.
Playcorp does not generally collect sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information. However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, Playcorp may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering an application for employment.
Where unsolicited information is received by Playcorp (such as through any Facebook page or other social media platforms we operate or may establish) we will determine, within a reasonable period of time, whether or not we would be permitted to collect the information under the APPs. If it would not be permitted for Playcorp to collect the information, we will destroy the information or ensure it is de-identified as soon as practicable. Otherwise, Playcorp may retain the information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
Information we collect automatically
The type of information we may collect by automated means includes:
- your visiting domain name or IP address;
- the device, browser, operating system type and screen resolution you use;
- information on actions taken at our Website(s) such as navigation patterns (ie. pages viewed and downloaded) and the date, time, duration and number of times you visited our Website(s);
- the previous site you visited;
- the geographical location (such as country and city) from where you accessed our Website(s); and
- search terms or other webpages that led you to our Website(s).
The information we collect automatically is also used for statistical and administrative purposes. Analysing the way in which visitors utilise our Website(s) enables us to improve our services. The information is not used in any way to uniquely identify a customer and we do not collect information about the identity of the visitors unless they voluntarily provide that information. Users or their browsing activities will not be identified except in the event that any law requires us to disclose or permit a law enforcement agency to inspect the service provider’s logs.
Method of collection
Personal information will only be collected through lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
Playcorp collects your personal information when you deal with us directly, including via our Website(s) or any Facebook page or other social media platforms we operate or may establish, via forms or correspondence (ie. by mail or email), over the phone or in person.
Playcorp may also collect personal information through our related bodies corporate and our third party service providers (such as data relating to survey responses) so that we may provide a better or more relevant product to you.
Use of information
Use of personal information
Playcorp will use the personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it or a related secondary purpose which you would reasonably expect. Playcorp will not use it for any other purpose without your consent, unless permitted or required by law.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to respond to any inquiries, feedback or complaints made by you;
- providing the products and/or services you have requested from Playcorp including for example:
o to deliver products or services to you;
o to register you for a service requested by you, such as newsletter(s) and e-newsletters, mail outs, rewards program(s) or competitions and administering such services;
o to manage warranty claims;
- direct marketing of products and services which we believe may interest you, including product updates and developments, special events or promotions;
- assisting us to improve our products and services and making them more relevant to you;
- assisting us to improve our Website(s), or any social media platforms we operate or may establish;
- processing and assessing employment applications for current and future positions; and
- otherwise managing our internal business operations and processes.
Playcorp will only use your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing activities where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where we have collected the information directly from you and you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose. We may also share your personal information with our related entities, so that they can provide you directly with marketing material about their products and services.
Any direct marketing materials that you receive from us via email (including newsletters and special promotions) may utilise open tracking so that we can monitor delivery and receipt of the material.
Playcorp will provide you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving marketing materials at the time of collection and/or at any time afterwards by either unsubscribing from the email service or contacting our Privacy Officer via the contact details provided below.
Use of anonymous information
Playcorp gathers anonymous information to:
- monitor the use of our Website(s);
- help us make improvements to the Website(s); and
- offer relevant information and services to as many users as possible.
There will be occasions where it will be necessary for Playcorp to disclose your personal information to third parties.
Playcorp may disclose your personal information to:
- contractors and third party service providers, on a confidential basis, that we use in the ordinary course of our business to assist with the delivery of the product or service. This includes organisations such as marketing agencies, data processing companies, printing and mailing houses, information services and aggregation businesses, delivery companies, finance agencies or debt collection agencies;
- other members of Playcorp’s corporate group for marketing purposes (subject to obtaining your prior consent if it is not a related body corporate);
- government authorities or other third parties as required by law, or
for any other purpose that you have consented to.
Transfer of information outside Australia
Playcorp will not disclose your personal information to recipients outside of Australia. Other than as stated above, we do not disclose personal information that you may give us to any organisation or person outside of Playcorp unless you have authorised us to do so.
No sale of personal information
Under no circumstances will Playcorp sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
The security of your information is important to us. Playcorp operates secure data networks that are designed to protect your privacy and security. When we have collected information about you it cannot be seen or modified by anyone else. Playcorp has implemented generally acceptable standards of technology and operational security to ensure personal information (in both physical and electronic form) is protected against loss, misuse, interference and unauthorised access.
Only authorised Playcorp personnel and contractors are provided access to personal information and have agreed to ensure the confidentiality of this information. Reasonable steps are taken to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information that is no longer required.
We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. You should however be aware that the internet is not a secure environment and information sent via the internet (including email) cannot be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Data quality, access and correction
You may, at any time, request access to personal information that Playcorp holds about you by making a request to our Privacy Officer at the address or email address below.
We will endeavour to process any requests for access to personal information within a reasonable period of time. Where possible, we will provide you with access to that information either by providing you with copies of the information requested, allowing you to inspect the information requested, or providing you with a summary of the information held. If we need to deny your request for access we will let you know why and inform you how you may lodge a complaint regarding this decision. Generally this will only be in cases where providing access would be unlawful or is subject to a potential legal claim or proceeding.
Playcorp may charge a nominal fee for supplying personal information.
We will try to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant to the service being provided.
If you discover or suspect that there is an error or information is missing, please forward your request for correction to our Privacy Officer in writing at the address or email address below. Our Privacy Officer will consider your request and as soon as practicable manage the correction of your personal information and will update you in writing. If your correction request is refused, our Privacy Officer will provide you, within a reasonable period of time, the reasons for such refusal and inform you of the complaint process (see below).
Complaints about privacy and our complaint handling procedure
If you have any complaints relating to the management of your personal information or if you believe there has been a breach of the APPs by Playcorp, please forward your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer at the address or email address below.
Our Privacy Officer will consider the complaint and advise you of their decision in writing within a reasonable time from receipt of the complaint.
If our Privacy Officer decides that there has been a breach of the APPs, s/he will endeavour to ensure that the breach is rectified within 30 daysfrom the date of the decision and will update you in writing. If the breach has not been rectified within 30 days, then our Privacy Officer will inform Playcorp’s Managing Directorin order to resolve the matter.
If you are still not satisfied after lodging a complaint with us and have given us reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by:
Phone: 1300 363 992 (local call cost, but calls from mobile and pay phones may incur higher charges). If calling from overseas (including Norfolk Island): +61 2 9284 9749
TTY: 1800 620 241 (this number is dedicated to the hearing impaired only, no voice calls.)
TIS: Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450 (If you don’t speak English or English is your second language and you need assistance and ask for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner)
Post: GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Contact Privacy Officer
Please contact our Privacy Officer on the contact details below if you would like to:
- inquire about or request access and/or update your personal information; or
- report an alleged breach of your privacy rights or make a complaint:
Post: Privacy Officer, Level 1, 425 St Kilda Road Melbourne 3004
Telephone: 03 9863 1111
Facsimile: (03) 9863 2380
Personal information has the same meaning as in the Privacy Act.
Further Information on Privacy
For more information about your privacy rights in Australia, visit the Office of the Australian Commissioner’s website, www.oaic.gov.au
Credit Reporting Policy
Credit applications by businesses for our services
Playcorp provides commercial credit for the purposes of the Privacy Act to businesses who apply for credit in relation to our goods and services. We do not provide any consumer credit.
References to you and your in this credit reporting policy are references to individuals in relation to whom we hold credit information or credit eligibility information for the purposes of the Privacy Act in connection with such credit. This policy provides details about our management of such information.
How we collect and hold credit information and credit eligibility information about you
Credit information relates mainly to your credit-related dealings with us and comprises various types of information collected by credit reporting bodies (CRBs) that report on consumer credit worthiness. We may collect or generate various categories of credit information about you.
We may also collect credit eligibility information about you, which is mostly information provided by CRBs relating to your dealings with other credit providers (for example, financial institutions that provide you with loans or other businesses that provide you with credit in connection with their products or services).
Credit information and credit eligibility information may include:
- identification information: such as your name, address, date of birth or employer;
- consumer credit liability information: being information about consumer credit accounts you hold with other credit providers;
- details about information requests made to CRBs: such as the fact that we or another credit provider have requested credit reporting information about you from a CRB to assess a credit application and various details about the credit you have applied for;
- default information: being information about overdue payments owed by you in connection with consumer credit which have been disclosed to a CRB by other credit providers;
- payment information: being information that an overdue payment has been repaid;
- information about consumer credit-related serious credit infringements;
- new arrangement information: being information about certain credit-related arrangements you may have entered with another credit provider in connection with a consumer credit default or serious credit infringement;
- court proceedings information: being information about certain credit-related judgments;
- personal insolvency information: being information recorded in the National Personal Insolvency Index about bankruptcy or various other insolvency-related matters; or
- publicly available information about activities relating to credit worthiness.
Credit eligibility also includes credit worthiness information that we may derive from data we receive from a CRB, such as a credit risk score.
We may collect credit information about you in any of the circumstances described above under the heading ‘How we collect and hold credit information and credit eligibility information about you’ above. We collect credit eligibility information from CRBs but may collect it from other third parties where permitted by the Privacy Act (such as from other credit providers with your consent).
How we use and when we disclose your credit information and credit eligibility information
Our use and disclosure of credit eligibility information is regulated by provisions of Part IIIA of the Privacy Act and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code. We will only use or disclose such information for purposes permitted by these provisions, such as:
- to process an application for credit with us in relation to our goods and services;
- to manage the commercial credit we provide and collect overdue payments; or
- where a disclosure is required or authorised under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
Correction of and access to credit information and credit eligibility information
To request correction of, or access to, your credit eligibility information please see the heading ‘Data, quality, access and correction’ above.
Complaints regarding our compliance with credit reporting requirements
If at any time you would like to make a complaint about whether we have complied with Part IIIA of the Privacy Act or with the Credit Reporting Privacy Code please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may resolve your concerns.
If you make such a complaint, we will write to you as soon as possible acknowledging that we have received your complaint and setting out how we will deal with it. We will endeavour to investigate and resolve your complaint within a reasonable period of time. We may need to consult with a CRB or another credit provider to do so. If we need more than 30 days to resolve your complaint, we will advise you of the reasons for the delay and ask for your consent to extend this day period.