450g con7kg turkey
60g unsalted butter, softened
2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
1/2 cup (125ml) maple syrup
1/2 cup (165g) spiced redcurrant jam or cranberry jam
1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
300ml pure cream
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Clean excess fat, giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey and pat dry with paper towel. Fill the cavity with the prepared chorizo, apricot and chestnut stuffing. Secure stuffing by closing cavity with toothpicks. Tie the turkey legs together with kitchen string.
2. Melt butter in microwave and brush over the turkey. Season with salt and pepper then place in an Arcosteel Multicook rectangular baker and pour in 1 cup of the stock. Cover with foil and roast for 2 hours.
3. While the turkey is cooking combine the maple syrup, jam and juice in a pan over low heat, stirring until the jam dissolves. Keep glaze warm.
4. Remove foil and baste turkey with glaze. Roast, uncovered, for a further 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes, or until cooked through and skin is golden and caramelised- the juices should run clear when the thigh is pierced with a skewer. 5. 5. Transfer to a platter and rest, loosely covered with foil, while you make the gravy.
6. Place Arcosteel dish over high heat, add remaining glaze and stock and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until reduced by half. Add cream, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until reduced. Season and strain into a jug. 7. Serve turkey with gravy and jam.
Serves 6Download Recipe!